Saturday, November 15, 2008

Little Mister Mess Mess

It feels like sort of a new family unit, and I wonder if it might be like this one day if Adam and I have children --

Lying in the bed, being as quiet as possible, so to not wake the baby. Little Aketi woke up around 2, like he always does, and Adam got up to lie next to him on his little bed until he fell back asleep.

Previous nights, at 2 am when the sky is already lightening, Adam thinks it’s later than it is and brings the baby into the bed.

And if you can believe it, Adam, me, AND a little chimp all sleep together in our teeny, tiny twin bed.

But last night, he stayed in HIS bed, much to our relief of space.

At 5:45 am, he woke again because most of the people outside were waking up and it was getting light outside. We heard him calling, and Adam got up to go and get him.

To our surprise, he was already sitting on the chair next to our bed, trying to raise the mosquito net himself to get in and snuggle!

Of course, it’s not all snuggles and cuteness.

Adam has taken to calling Aketi “Little Mister Mess Mess” because he seems to make mess wherever he goes! Leaving trails of banana mash and pineapple skuzz and sticky, icky miscellaneously gross stuff on the floor and couches and walls and tables and just yuck.

He also always seems to be on the hunt for food! We sometimes also call him Detective Munch!

And of course, there’s also the clinging and crying and neediness. I shouldn’t paint it as such a cakewalk of cute!

I figure Adam is tired already, being a mom for 3 days, but he’s doing a great job and I think it helps him, having something to focus on.

EDIT (2 minutes later) -- Even just as I wrote this entry, I heard wild screaming from the bathroom and Adam hollering for me. I went in to check on him and he was wet, soapy and naked with little mess clinging to him, shrieking.

When faced with the choice of being wet or letting go of Adam, he opted for freak out. Hee hee!

No comments: