Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Congo OFFICIALly Sucks

Despite the title, things in Congo are good for the most part.

However, we have to meet with another official, again, who probably
just wants more money.

The thing about Congo is that, no matter where you go, there's always
officials who want to meet with you. In most cases, that would be
NICE, because they would care! But these officials don't care what
you do, they just care about the money you carry, and how much of it
they can have.

Since we haven't given this official in Aketi any money yet, he has
called another meeting for tomorrow, probably in the hopes that now we
will give him money. I leave the choice of giving money to him to
Happle; I don't want to give him money, but maybe if we give him
something, he will leave us alone.

I don't know ... Happle's a better judge of Africa than I am.

The other thing that worries me is that I cannot go with Happle
tomorrow. She will have Polycarpe there with her, but I have to stay
here and watch Detective Munch.

Granted, the worst thing that could happen is him asking us for
money. But, I always want to be able to watch out for Happle and I
won't be able to.

Other than that, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving Dinner and
calling my parents!!

No comments: