Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Dooks of Hazard

They might be hiding anywhere... lurking in the shadows, under the bed, near the door in that place you step without looking. By the bottom of the couch, and on the way to the toilet.

And then, before you know it, there is POO on your FOOT!

There are tons of movies about baby chimps. They’re always cute. Small, intelligent, mischievous, grinning (a terrified submission gesture in chimpspeak).

The one thing Hollywood purposefully leaves out? The poo!

Adam and I are rounding out our second weeks and while we’ve instituted some great scheduling to keep us both sane, Detective Munch has vetoed other scheduling entirely!

For example, sleeping when it is dark out. I love to sleep when it’s dark out, and so does Adam. But sometimes Munch thinks it’s a great time for playing, or licking me (his new favorite and disgustingest habit). When we try to comfort him by bringing him into the bed, he waits until we’ve fallen asleep again and have loosened our holds, and runs down to the end of the bed to play on the bedframe, eat the mosquito net, and poop.

I’ll tell you... there is nothing better than stretching out your legs towards the end of the bed, grazing a moist dook, and then being enthusiastically licked.

Our love for the good Detective is no less diminished, but I will say that the lines between days start to blur when you are awake as the sun is coming up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I’ll tell you... there is nothing better than stretching out your legs towards the end of the bed, grazing a moist dook, and then being enthusiastically licked. "

Oh man! That made me throw my head back with laughter as I imagined that :)