Saturday, February 28, 2009

Field Journal - Day Fifteen

Mongombo Diamond Mine
N03º00.906’
E024º02.653’

The more we do, the gladder I am I came.

Not only has being here been illuminating (though somewhat horrifying), but a certain worker botched some stuff yesterday, and I’ve gotten the chance to correct it today.

If I hadn’t come, I’d consider it nearly irreparable!! Phew!!

Though... still stiff... I’m not sure how I’m going to walk the 8 miles tomorrow!

At least our socks are dry now! In between computing salaries and fixing problems, we got to play cards with some of the guys here, who are good-natured for sure! We used a stool and a diamond sieve as a table.

It’s not every day you can say that!

Polycarpe headed down to the river to video the guys diamond-searching.

We might head down soon for photos too!

No comments: