Sunday, January 4, 2009

Random Visitors

As sort of a funny interlude, while running the generator today, the bulk of the staff was away at church.

A man came up, dressed very finely, to our BACK DOOR (the cage surrounding our front patio is usually locked when we’re not out there). He just marches right into the dining room, his cellphone and charger in hand.

“Who are you?!” I asked.

“I am here to charge my phone!” he replied.

“Who are you?” I repeated, incredulous.

He held up his phone and his charger, as though his name was Mister Phone-and-Charger.

“Are you a friend of someone who works here?” I continued, trying to figure out who this guy WAS.

He just stood and gawked at me, his phone and charger still sort of dangling limply from the ends of his indecisive wrists.

It was all the answer I needed.

“I’m sorry,” I said, still annoyed, “but gas is expensive and we can’t afford to just charge anyone’s phone.”

So he smiled, said “Thank You” and turned and left.



I wonder whether he just wanders through the streets, phone and charger in hand, listening for the sounds of a generator! And then just walks into people’s houses!

How strange!

No comments: