Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 24th - A Bad Day

RIP Akuma Cleveland

I want to dedicate this blog entry to the memory of Akuma Cleveland.
For the past week, Laura and I have been doing everything we could to
keep him alive. Our hearts were so broken when we first saw his small
frame laying in the basket, covered in dirt and feces. Now today, Our
hearts are broken once again with his death.

To lose someone that you have spent so much time, effort and love on,
is a great pain. This is another time in my life, not the first, and
unfortunately not the last, where the painful hand of grief grips my
heart. I remember when he first came to the house, I walked around
with him in my arms and gave him a tour. I told him all things that I
did with Aketi and he could do the same when he got better. Now,
there is nothing but a void.

No comments: