Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone. I hope everyone had a nice time this year
and we really missed you guys and your parties. We celebrated quietly
in the night with beers and sodas. Then we got up before 7 AM to
celebrate New Years one the US east coast with our friends. It was
kind of exciting to celebrate New Years twice.

The other thing I want to write about was my trip to the sanctuary
yesterday. I went there to give out salaries for the month of
December to the workers. I also wanted to visit the chimps at the
sanctuary too. Jango was very friendly and huggy with me, which was
very nice. I was a little heart broken too. Aketi no longer
recognize me as his dad. It's good becase he has now related to the
care takers at the sanctuary but, I miss how he would just come to
me. I learned the hard way that being the quarantine surrogate mother
of a baby chimp is a thankless job sometimes. You spend all this
time, energy and love into taking care of something, then it forgets
you. Now I kind of know now how my mom felt when I left home. The
good thing that I took from this is that he is a good place and can
interact with other chimps, which is important for him.

Until next time.

No comments: