Friday, October 31, 2008

Malaria is the Worst

Well I haven't done much writing or anything for that matter this week. I caught Malaria this week and I felt terrible. The good news is that Laura and I caught it early and got me good medicine right away. The malaria didn't last long and it didn't get too severe but I have had enough of Malaria.

At first I had a slight fever and nothing else. I didn't feel anything else. Laura and I were not sure if I had malaria, but then we decided to test the theory of malaria. I took medicine for it. That morning I started to feel a lot better, but it got worse before.

Earlier that night I was battling diarrhea, so I went to the bathroom. On the way back I thought I was going to vomit, but was able to hold it off. I tried to walk back to the bedroom, but I was so disoriented from the fever I couldn't walk straight. Eventually I got my bearings and was able to get back to bed. I felt better when I lay down and I felt much better when I woke up.

I haven't much in the way of Malaria symptoms in the past two days, but the medicine has knocked me out of commission. It has made me very tired and given me an upset stomach.

The good news is that I am feeling better now. I hope this is my only bout of malaria ever. Just keep your finger crossed. Happy Halloween!!!!!

No comments: