Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chimpanzees are Great

Today, Laura finally got to go to the chimp sanctuary. I walked with Laura there while Cleve took the motorbike. He is still recouping from Malaria. As Laura and I walked through Aketi, we were followed by all of the children in the town. We felt like Brad and Angelina walk around. At fist it was amusing but, when we walked back, it tested our patience because we were tired coming back.

We had a great time playing with all three of them. I think Jango and Bolingua are starting to warm up to me. As last time, Cathy was still a hoot and was playing with Laura and I non-stop. Laura finally got Cathy to calm down and was grooming her. I think this was the first time the chimps got to play with a female care-giver. All of the guys who work there are great, but they are guys and no how to play with the chimps. Cleve planned to be there for only 20 minutes but ended up staying with us for three hours. Time flies when you are having fun.

We took many pictures and videos. We don't know if we can post them right away on the blog since we have limited transfer every month. If we don't upload it now, we will when we get a chance. We are watching them now and having a great time. Dito just made us dinner and we are about to sit down to eat. I will write again soon.

No comments: