Friday, January 16, 2009

Big Thanks!

I wanted to send out a big Thank You to my advisor Jill Shapiro at Columbia University and to my mom, who, together, managed to help me get in ALL my modified documents onto the very java-heavy Institutional Review Board site.

I had tried to fill in the forms myself from here, and it had taken me 45 minutes just to load a single page -- not to mention having SUCKED my bandwidth like a Hoover!

So, I emailed all of my abstracts, study descriptions, citations, etc to Jill and my mom and now I have an official email of completed submission! Yay!!

Though I had originally filed most of my IRB paperwork in September, when I got here and had to modify my study description, it necessitated re-filing.

Yes, science is full of bureaucracy too!

Re-filing from Congo became sort of impossible, so again, big thank yous to my mom and Jill.

Perhaps I’ll have my mom post the abstracts online for people to read. If anyone is interested, let me know!

No comments: